The Durham Chapel Hill Jewish Community Relations Council serves as the convening network to mobilize the Jewish community (individuals and organizations) to:
- establish strong coalitions within the Jewish and the broader community
- work to safeguard the rights of the Jewish people and our local community regarding issues such as anti-Semitism, racism, LGBTQ, and
- advocate for Jewish values such as Tzedakah (justice & charity), Chesed (kindness), and Tikkun olam (repairing the world).
Through outreach, educational forums, films or speakers, inter-faith or inter-cultural dialogues, hosting or joint sponsorship of events, the JCRC engages the community in the following ongoing programs:
- Clergy Conference – bringing inter-faith clergy together, from around the state, for an annual lunch and learn.
- Community wide initiatives – hosting letter writing campaigns, You Can Vote programs, and collaborative presence at events such as Durham Pride
- Annual Jewish topic series – each year committee selects a relevant Jewish issue or topic to host 3-4 programs around over the course of the year
Join us for the 2019 Annual Jewish Topic Series – Radical Discourse
Framing Radical Discourse with Yaviliah McCoy – Sunday, February 17, 2019 from 9am-2pm. Lunch will be served. Register here.
Playing Nice on the Playground: A Lesson for Adults Too with Joy Brand Richardson and Donna Richardson – Monday, March 18, 2019 from 7pm-8:30pm. Light refreshments will be served. Register here.
Table Talk Conversations Dinner and Discussion – Monday, April 15, 2019 from 6pm-8pm. Dinner will be served. Register here.
If you’d like to learn more about the Jewish Community Relations Council please contact Lana Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.