JFS Clinical Connections is an educational group for mental health professionals, which meets on Fridays monthly throughout the academic year. Programs provide the opportunity for learning, earning continuing education units (CEUs) and networking with colleagues.
All programs are worth 2 CEUs and will take place from 12-2pm at the Levin Jewish Community Center.
Programs are $30 in advance. $35 cash or check only at the door. Pay for the whole series ($270) in advance and receive one two-hour session, free.
To register online and pay for the 2017-2018 programs in advance via credit card or PayPal, register HERE. You may also send checks made out to the “Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill ” to 1937 West Cornwallis Road, Durham, NC 27705. For more information contact Jenny Schwartz 919-354-4922 or email@example.com
Bring a vegetarian/dairy lunch. Drinks are provided.
Make sure you’re on our email list to receive reminders. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list.
- Friday, September 8, 2017, Understanding and Treating Social Anxiety, Jonathan Abramowitz, Ph.D.
- Friday, October 13, 2017, Engaging Underserved Children and Families in Evidence-Based Treatment for Problem Mood and Behavior, Deborah J. Jones, Ph.D.
- Friday, November 10, 2017, Hypnotic Techniques in Clinical Work: The Power and Mystery of the Subconscious Mind, Sarah Gewanter, MSSW, CH, CI
- Friday, December 8, 2017, Bi-Polar Disorder, Eric Youngstrom, Ph.D.
- Friday, January 12, 2018, Ethics in Forensic Psychology, John Blackshear, Ph.D.
- Friday, February 9, 2018, Mood and Anxiety Disorders in the Perinatal Period Including Pregnancy and Post-Partum, Samantha Meltzer-Brody, MD, MPH
- Friday, March 9, 2018, Screens, ‘Tweens, and Teens: What do we know and what can we do?, Christian Mauro, Ph.D.
- Friday, April 20, 2018, Racism and Discrimination in Mental Health, Enrique Neblett, Ph.D.
- Friday, May 11, 2018, Women and Substance Use: How Gender Responsive Treatment Can Help, Andrea Winkler, LCSW, LCAS
- Friday, June 8, 2018, HIV/AIDS, Behavioral Health and Harm Reduction: Policies and Practice to Improve Care, Lisa Zerden, MSW, Ph.D
To register online and pay for the 2017-2018 programs in advance via credit card or PayPal, register HERE.