JFS Clinical Connections is an educational group for mental health professionals, which meets on Fridays monthly throughout the academic year. Programs provide the opportunity for learning, earning continuing education units (CEUs) and networking with colleagues.
All programs are worth 2 CEUs and will take place from 12-2pm at the Levin Jewish Community Center.
Programs are $30 in advance. $35 cash or check only at the door. Pay for the whole series ($270) in advance and receive one two-hour session, free.
To register online and pay for the 2018-2019 programs in advance via credit card, register by clicking HERE and typing in “Clinical Connections” in the search bar. Having trouble registering online? We’re happy to assist you over the phone. Call 919-354-4922 or email email@example.com with best times to reach you and someone will call you back as soon as possible. You may also send checks made out to the “Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill ” to 1937 West Cornwallis Road, Durham, NC 27705. For more information contact Jenny Schwartz 919-354-4922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring a vegetarian/dairy lunch. Drinks are provided.
Make sure you’re on our email list to receive reminders. Write to email@example.com to be added to our list.
- Friday, September 13, 2019, Moving Into Wholeness: Self-States and the Treatment of Trauma, Heather Craige, LCSW
- Friday, October 11, 2019, Weaving the Threads of Body and Mind: An Embodied Approach to Psychotherapy, Deborah Klinger, M.A., LMFT, CEDS-S
- Friday, November 8, 2019, How to Help Clients from Being So D*%^ Depressed, Jonas Horwitz, Ph.D., PLLC
- Friday, December 13, 2019, Developmental Attachment Styles and Implications in Therapy, Terri Onstad, M.Ed, LPC
- Friday, January 10, 2020, TBD
- Friday, February 14, 2020, Physical Disorders Masquerading as Mental Health Disorders, Kris Herfkens, Ph.D.,ABPP-CN and Anastasia Finch, Ph.D.
- Friday, March 13, 2020, Secondary Traumatic Stress, Jan Williams, LCSW
- Friday, April 17, 2020, Ethics and Self-Care for Mental Health Providers, (2 Ethics Contact Hours), Erica Wise, Ph.D.
- Friday, May 8, 2020, The Cycle of Eating Disorders and Multiple Intervention Points, Clare Stadlen, LCSW
- Friday, June 12, 2020, Chicken or Egg? Concurrent Treatment of Emotional Disorders and Substance Use, Shannon M. Blakey, Ph.D.
To register online and pay for the 2018-2019 programs in advance via credit card, register HERE and typing in “Clinical Connections” in the search bar.