BRIDGES is a flagship program of the Levin JCC, and works towards inclusion for JCC and Federation activities.
The mission of BRIDGES is to provide social, recreational, educational, and cultural programs and activities for individuals of all abilities and their families in a welcoming Jewish setting. BRIDGES serves individuals with a broad range of developmental, social, emotional and medical challenges.
The goals of BRIDGES are to:
- Ensure that people of all abilities and their families are included in Jewish Community Center (JCC) and Federation programs and activities.
- Develop social, recreational, and cultural programs and activities to address interests and needs of individuals of all abilities.
- Modify existing programs to include people of all abilities and their families.
- Help people develop and maintain friendships and social connections between individuals of all abilities, and facilitate family-to-family connections.
- Enhance the social, emotional, and physical development and self-esteem of all who participate in BRIDGES programs.
During the year, BRIDGES holds:
- Inclusion Havdalah each fall
- Jewish Disability Awareness and Inclusion Month Art Show each February
- Quiet spaces at community events
- Adaptive sports alongside Bridge Sports II
- Inclusion at Camp Shelanu
- Adaptive swim lessons and sensory-swim
- Accommodations and supports on an individual basis as we are able
To be added to the BRIDGES mailing list to receive direct mailings about programs, contact email@example.com.