Career Opportunities at the Jewish Federation of Durham Chapel Hill
No positions posted at this time.
Career Opportunities at the Levin JCC:
Membership Sales Manager: We’re hiring a Membership Sales Manager! Are you or someone you know personable, detail- and goal-oriented, and very organized? If yes, we want you! This is a new full-time position at the Levin JCC responsible for overseeing membership marketing, sales, and customer service. We value diversity in our staff team and encourage people of all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and faiths to apply. View the full job here. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Opportunities with our Community Partners:
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Beth El is a Conservative Jewish congregation founded in 1887 that serves the thriving Jewish community of Durham and Chapel Hill, NC. Our new executive director will be joining us at a time of dynamic transition and growth. From 2011 to 2017, our congregation has grown from 295 to 400 households. We will soon break ground on a renovation and expansion of our building after a record-breaking $5.5 million capital campaign. We are seeking an executive leader who thinks proactively, can modernize our operations, will continue to build a vibrant Jewish community and help lead us into the future.
We are located in a region of North Carolina that is home to major universities and health centers, and has an inspiring entrepreneurial spirit, a variety of rich cultural, intellectual and athletic offerings and proximity to renowned beaches and mountains.
What Matters to Us:
- A systems thinker who can co-develop and implement a vision for the future.
- An organizational director who can develop and manage efficient operational strategies.
- A passionate leader who is committed to enhancing our Jewish identity, ritual and programming.
- A disciplined and principled executive who can see both the forest and the trees: managing budgets, strategy, staff and day-to-day issues as they arise.
- A leader who will inspire our administrative team and enable the engagement of our lay leaders.
What May Matter to You:
Beth El welcomes members who have diverse backgrounds, ideas, levels of knowledge, and observance. We are an egalitarian congregation that is a member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. We include an Orthodox Kehillah affiliated with the Orthodox Union.
Our Expectations of the ED:
- Establish annual and strategic priorities and initiatives in partnership with Beth El’s Rabbi and lay leadership
- Is invigorated by the opportunity to take an organization into its next era
- Develop and implement effective management systems across the organization
- Excel at communicating and interacting with a wide diversity of people
- Lead and supervise Beth El’s administrative team
- Manage the financial and administrative operations of the synagogue
- Develop and maintain effective systems to optimize staff and volunteer efforts
- Work with the Rabbi, Board and lay leadership to establish and implement a holistic vision for a membership experience that is engaging and enriching
- Manage our short-term transition and our newly renovated facility
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; higher degree a plus
- Demonstrated leadership in successfully managing organizations, communications, people, programs, buildings, contracts, and events
- Significant financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and management skills
- Ability to utilize and learn financial, communications and database software and web-based technology
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $80,000– $95,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Professional development allowance, professional dues, retirement plan with employer contribution, synagogue dues, religious school tuition discount, paid vacation/sick leave/family leave, paid holidays. Health care support is in transition and will be discussed with those interviewed.
To Apply: Beth El has hired moss+ross (www.mossandross.com) to manage the search. Submit one document that includes your cover letter and your resume via email to:
Ms. Leslie Winner
Chair, Search Committee
Beth El Congregation
The application deadline is February 19, 2018. The Search Committee will, in its discretion, accept applications until the position is filled.
For the full job description and more about Beth El, click here.