The Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill is the central hub of the local Jewish community, serving as the umbrella organization for the Levin Jewish Community Center, Jewish Family Services, the Jewish Community Foundation, Jewish Community Relations Council, the Israel Center, and Community Midrasha.
The Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill’s mission is to connect Jews in the local community, help those in need both here and abroad, and provide and support programs and services that enable current and future generations to lead more meaningful lives inspired by Jewish values.
We strive to provide programs and services that help those in need, provide opportunities for people to engage, and offer a sense of belonging to a vibrant community.
The values that inform our decisions and guide our activities:
- We are guided by our belief that building strong community is critical for the well being and the future of the Jewish people
- We are guided by the teachings of our tradition, including commitments to:
- Tikkun olam (repairing the world)
- Tzedakah (justice and charity)
- Chesed (kindness)
- K’lal Yisrael (Jewish peoplehood)
- Hachnasat orchim (welcoming newcomers)
- We are committed to being responsible and accountable stewards of community resources
- We embrace pluralism and welcome a diversity of beliefs and opinions from every member of our community