Funds of the Jewish Community Foundation
There are a number of funds within the Foundation that may align with your philanthropic goals.
Want to contribute to one of these funds below? Log in HERE and choose from the dropdown menu the specific fund to which you’d like to give.
General Federation Support
- DCHJF Unrestricted Endowment Fund – supported by the Harry T Phillips Memorial Fund, the Morton Harfenist Memorial Endowment Fund, the Leo and Helen Nacheman Endowment Fund, and the Max Paul Endowment Fund
- Beryl A. Slome Endowment Fund (Supports partnership with Hadera and JFS.)
- Laurie Tepper Lion of Judah Endowment Fund
- Marcus Family Fund for Public Relations and Communication (Supports special projects to improve public relations and communications.)
- The Laura and Jack Fox Endowment for Media Arts (Provides for media arts programming such as book fairs, film festivals, journalism projects, radio or television projects, or internet communication projects.)
- Vision Fund
Federation – Helping those in Need
- Jewish Family Services Endowment Fund – supported by the Vivian K. Blonder Memorial Fund, the Marion Meyer Robboy Endowment for JFS, and the Martin and Simone Lipman Endowment Fund for JFS
- Sydney and Phyllis Back Education Fund to Benefit the Elderly (Supports special programming for seniors.)
- Singer-Becker Endowment Fund for Elder Care
- Melvin & Cynia Shimm Endowment Fund
- The George and Sue Fishman Jewish Family Services Senior Services Endowment
- Hudi Gross Fund to Support Needy Jews
Federation – Engaging the Community
- Israel Center Fund – Provides ongoing support to the Israel Center, a committee of the Federation, which works to bring cultural and bridge-building programming to the Durham-Chapel Hill community.
- The Peter A. Stahl Teen Programming Fund
- JCC Camp Scholarships Endowment Fund – supported by the Fink Endowment and the Monroe Braun Endowment
- Endowment Fund for JCC Special Needs Programming
- Community Midrasha Program Fund – supports initiatives for the Community Midrasha teen program
- PJ Library Endowment Fund – supports our local efforts that brings this unique program to children’s homes through books and programs connected to some aspect of Jewish culture or tradition
Special Purpose Funds
- Earl and Gladys Siegel Young Leadership Fund – Provides funding for individuals recognized as outstanding young leaders to attend a Young Leadership conference
- JCRC/Ministers Conference Fund – Supports the Jewish Community Relations Committee and the annual Minister’s conference
- Sara and E.J. Evans Israel Experience Scholarship Program Endowment Fund – This fund provides $1,500 scholarships to area teens to attend programs in Israel
- Nancy Gordon Justice Fund – This fund was established to provide scholarships to teens and young adults up to age 25, to travel locally or abroad (Israel) to participate in a social justice focused program
- The Ma’aser Fund – The Ma’aser Fund matches contributions to any charitable organization by young people who commit to donating 10% of their Bar and Bat Mitzvah cash presents, as well as 10% of their earned and allowance income through their first post-high school year
- Jewish Burial Fund – this fund strives to provide support to ensure that a Jewish burial with compassion, dignity, and respect is available to any Jewish individual in the community regardless of congregational affiliation or financial resources; please fill out this brief inquiry form
- Penny Daum Aldrich Endowment Fund for Holocaust Remembrance – supports the annual Holocaust Remembrance Essay Contest
- Partnership Facilities Endowment Fund – To support the maintenance of the Levin JCC and the Lerner Jewish Day School.
Beth El Synagogue
- Beth El Endowment Fund – Unrestricted endowment for the general support of the Synagogue.
- The Sam Reven Rachmil Fink Fund of Beth El Congregation – Supports special projects at Beth El Synagogue.
- The Durham Hebrew Cemetery Fund of Beth El Congregation – Provides funds to maintain the Beth El cemetery grounds.
- Beth El Building Maintenance Fund – Provides support to maintain the synagogue building.
- Bertha Bergman Library Fund of Beth El Congregation – Supports the Beth El Synagogue library.
- Gilbert Katz Fund – Provides scholarships for young Beth El Synagogue members to receive religious education.
- Elaine Perilstein Fund – Supports adult education programming.
- Eric Pas Jewish Camp Scholarship Fund – Provides scholarship aid to young members of Beth El for Jewish summer camp experiences.
- The Hudi Gross Memorial Endowment for 3rd Grade Teacher – Supports annual salary of Religious School 3rd grade teacher.
Judea Reform Congregation
- Judea Reform General Reserve Fund – This fund is used as necessary to support programs and services provided by Judea Reform Congregation.
- Judea Reform Congregation Life and Legacy Endowment Fund – Provides unrestricted general support to Judea Reform Congregation.
- Alfred and Hilde Brauer Designated Fund for Judea Reform Congregation – Upon their deaths, Alfred and Hilde endowed their annual gift, thereby continuing the financial contributions made during their lifetimes.
- The Kehillah Endowment Fund
- The Kehillah Rabbi’s Endowment Fund
- The Kehillah Program Endowment Fund
- Lipman Endowment Fund for Kehillah Scholars-In-Residence Program
- The Leo and Helen Nacheman Hadassha Endowment Fund
- Marcus Family Fund for North Carolina Hillel
- George and Sue Fishman Hillel Endowment Fund
- The Marion Meyer-Robboy Endowment Fund for North Carolina Hillel
- Ackerman-Rubin Endowment Fund
Sandra E. Lerner Jewish Community Day School
- Fuchs Scholarship Fund of the Jewish Community Day School of Durham-Chapel Hill – The income from this fund provides scholarship assistance to students
- Albert and Adeline Gelb Scholarship Fund for the Jewish Community Day School of Durham-Chapel Hill – The income from this fund provides scholarship assistance to students
- Martin G. Groder Endowment for the Lerner Jewish Community Day School
Triangle Jewish Chorale
- Triangle Jewish Chorale Fund
To learn more about the over 80 Funds of the Durham-Chapel Hill Jewish Foundation, please contact at Foundation@shalomdch.org.