JFS Clinical Connections is an educational group for mental health professionals, which meets on Fridays monthly throughout the academic year. Programs provide the opportunity for learning, earning continuing education units (CEUs) and networking with colleagues.
All programs are worth 2 CEUs and will take place from 12-2pm at the Levin Jewish Community Center.
Programs are $30 in advance. $35 cash or check only at the door. Pay for the whole series ($270) in advance and receive one two-hour session, free.
To register online and pay for the 2018-2019 programs in advance via credit card, register by clicking HERE and typing in “Clinical Connections” in the search bar. Having trouble registering online? We’re happy to assist you over the phone. Call 919-354-4922 or email email@example.com with best times to reach you and someone will call you back as soon as possible. You may also send checks made out to the “Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill ” to 1937 West Cornwallis Road, Durham, NC 27705. For more information contact Jenny Schwartz 919-354-4922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring a vegetarian/dairy lunch. Drinks are provided.
Make sure you’re on our email list to receive reminders. Write to email@example.com to be added to our list.
- Friday, September 21, 2018*** (Notice Date Change), The Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders, Paolo Mannelli, MD
- Friday, October 12, 2018, Couples, Jennifer Kirby, Ph.D.
- Friday, November 30, 2018, The Ethics of Feedback Within the Therapeutic Milieu, Michael E. McGuire, LCSW, LCAS, LMFT, CCS, MINT (2 Ethics Contact Hours)
- Friday, December 14, 2018, A Dialectical Approach to Chronic Physical and Emotional Pain, Deborah Barrett, Ph.D., LCSW
- Friday, January 11, 2019, ADHD in Kids and Adolescents, Naomi Davis, Ph.D.
- Friday, February 8, 2019, TBD, Benjamin Landman, Psy.D.
- Friday, March 8, 2019, The Ethics of End of Life Planning, Dr. Jonathan Fischer, MD
- Friday, April 12, 2019, Sleepless in America: Is this Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, Ed.D.
- Friday, May 10, 2019, PACT: Psychological Approach to Couples’ Therapy, Susan Orenstein, Ph.D. and Beth Newton, LCSW
- Friday, June 14, 2019, ACT, Rhonda Merwin, Ph.D.
To register online and pay for the 2018-2019 programs in advance via credit card, register HERE and typing in “Clinical Connections” in the search bar.