October 15th, 2017. 1:00pm-2:30pm.
Individuals and couples currently considering separation and/or divorce are invited to attend a workshop where they will learn about Family Mediation and the services offered at Jewish Family Services to support individuals and their children during this process. Speakers will include Rhesa C Rubin, JD, NC-DRC Certified Mediatory and Family Law Attorney and Jenny Schwartz, LCSW, JFS Director.
- Learn about the process of mediation and the benefits it offers.
- Discuss when and how mediation can be helpful in resolving issues including, but not limited to, child custody and visitation, co-parenting schedules, child support, spousal support, family home resolution, etc.
- Learn about the counseling services available at JFS that can help individuals, couples, and children deal with emotional issues.
- Tips for managing communication and emotions through the process.
- Provide honest answers during an open Q&A session.
This event is free; all are welcome. Light refreshments will be provided. RSVPs are encouraged, but not required.